Friday, May 31, 2013

One Sunny Spot in the Shady Back

 We've got a shady backyard. Initially, when I figured this out.. I was pretty upset. I had dreams of vegetable and full-sun perennials in the back. But now, I am quite pleased! I have investigated the world of Shade Gardens and am bursting with excitement and ideas of how to fill this area.

Along the left side, under the Pines, we'll till up a new bed this fall and plant some bulbs and dependable perennials to look forward to year after year.
Eventually we'll dig a small pond and fill it with water plants.
If we stay here long enough.. it will eventually look like the Secret Garden.
 There is ONE spot in the back that gets several hours of sun each day, in the far right corner.
For now, we've filled it with Hydrangeas, Coreopsis, and Black-Eyed Susans.

No comments:

Post a Comment