Friday, March 8, 2013

Let There Be Light


How Exciting! I've been planning this for months!.. let's hope it all works out. I actually started these seeds Feb18th, since then have started many more and have learned much from trial & error.... but THIS is how it all began...



 These light fixtures cost about $11/each. The chain-link to hang them is around $5, and the light bulbs (40watt T-12s) are 2 for 9$. They come with cords/plugs, so all you need is a power-strip and you're in business.


The table is simply plywood atop folding/saw horses with a tarp over the top. I started the seeds with the light about 3-4inches about the tops of the trays.



To insert the hooks, I simply hammered a nail about 1/4'' into the wood, pulled it out, then screwed this hook in with my hands. You may need a wrench or pliers to tighten it with once its in place.

No comments:

Post a Comment